Friday, September 23, 2011

TGIF (Thank God it's Fall!)

Yea! Fall is here! I feel like we've been hiding indoors for the past six months. We stayed close to home the first couple of months after Ben & Jack were born to keep them healthy and away from germs. I should go ahead and put it out there that I'm a little overprotective. In my defense, I did have "preemies" and better safe than sorry. So yes, we restricted our outings until the boys were a little older and healthier. Then after that, it was so stinking hot that we rarely left the house. I do love getting out with the boys, though, and try to get them out at least a couple of times a week - to somewhere nice and cool, like the mall. We love Northpark. I should do a tribute post to Northpark sometime soon. :)

Anyway, I also am very protective of their sleep - it's so important! So planning an outing sometimes seems like a huge task, but I have to think about when they last ate, when they will next eat, and where to go that I can be out for just the right amount of time - if we come home before it's time to eat, they'll refuse and then won't sleep so I just have two tired, fussy babies. Usually they'll fall asleep on the way home, which works well. They really are awesome when we're out, though.

Today we were going to go to the park, but Ben decided not to eat, and it took some time to convince him to take some of his bottle. Instead we just went for a stroller ride around the block. It's such beautiful weather we had to get out! It was sunny, so the boys wore their hats - I love, love their little hats. TGIF!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs