My wonderful mom took a week off of work to come stay with us after the boys were born, and had put off hip surgery to do so. When she left us she had to go home for the surgery and take another few weeks off of work. Because we weren't yet traveling with the boys, that crazy woman came to visit us a couple of weeks after her surgery. She told her doctor after the fact, who said she shouldn't have taken a car trip because of the possibility of blood clots. "That's why I didn't ask," she told us.

It's really neat to see my mom as a grandmother. I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever met anyone more baby-crazy, and babies just love her! She's like a baby whisperer. I like to watch her with the boys and think, "I should do that more," or "I should interact with them in that way," or "I should just watch them talk more." It's a good reminder to slow down, worry less about washing bottles or getting ready for the next feeding, and just enjoy my babies while they are babies. Here's a couple of my favorite pics of mom with the boys. In the first, Jack was just talking away at her. It was soooo cute! The second was right after her surgery, and her shirt says "Grandkids keep me hopping for joy." The third is Memorial Day with mom, dad, and the boys.
 |
| Love Jack's expression looking at her! |
 |
| Post-surgery rule-breaker |
 |
| Jack gazing at GiGi |
No comments:
Post a Comment