Monday, January 23, 2012

Portraits

I feel as if I can never get enough pictures of the boys. Do all parents feel this way? I am in a constant state of anxiety that I'm not capturing enough, that someday (someday...) when I have time to scrapbook I will look and see that I didn't get the kind of photos that I wanted for specific pages that I had in mind. For example, I'll journal about something cute the boys are doing (like playing under their bouncers) and think - what if I don't have a picture of this? What am I going to do when I want to scrapbook this story and don't have any pictures?! Or, what if I should be taking them in for professional pictures more often? Will they someday look through their baby pictures and feel like they don't have enough? These are the thoughts I make myself feel guilty over. Plus, they are just growing so darn fast that every time I look back at their baby-baby pictures I find myself wishing I had more because I miss them being so little.

Under the bouncer - silly boys!
But what can you do? So we took them in for a couple of studio portrait sittings (their first in-studio!) recently. Here are a couple of my favorites from Greg Blomberg (gregblomberg.com) - he was our wedding photographer. Here's how talented he is - we had just come from the doctor's office where Ben was diagnosed with an ear infection, on top of a cold, on top of his perianal abscess - both boys were tired, but these pictures turned out way better than I had hoped. I thought we'd need to reschedule another shoot. We also had some JCPenney portraits done, which turned out much better than I expected!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs