Monday, May 19, 2014

Hello, 3-months, where have you been all of -her- life?

Ohhhh, you just wouldn't even believe how wonderful life is now that Claire is 3 months old and is eating & sleeping like a champ! She eats without fussing, which means neither of us is crying at every feeding now! And probably because she is eating better, she is sleeping better - not just full nights, but great full naps too! I'm over the moon. I am sad to see her infancy pass so, so quickly, but it's like a breath of fresh air to be able to feed her stress-free and to sleep all night long! Truly, the night that she turned 3 months old, click, started us on a consecutive 9-10 hour sleeping pattern (with the dream-feed). Interestingly, she no longer has a bowel movement after (almost) every feeding anymore; it's more like once or twice a day now. I think that must mean her little system is maturing, which means she can eat more comfortably. A plug for probiotics, and also a plug for appropriate dressing - we think maybe she was waking because she got cold after unwrapping herself so started putting her in pants/sleeper sets.

I can't believe she is already a quarter of a year old! This time is flying, and I want to savor every moment. She is so sweet and so precious, and I keep thinking - "this is my last baby," "this is the last time I'll be waking in the night to feed a baby," "this is the last time I'll get to treasure every first." Also, Claire found her voice! She has already moved from cooing and gurgling to full-on yells & "ah's!" I love her little voice! But I miss how she would shrug her shoulders up, squint her eyes, & coo at me, and that was just a few days ago! You are changing too fast, little one. She is such a good baby, she just hangs out with us while I'm running around with the boys and is content to just watch all the activity, and she does great when we take her to dinner. She is not a big fan of her carseat, I just have to be careful not to put her in before she gets too tired - if she's ready for a nap, she wants to be wrapped and in her crib. :)


 





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs