Saturday, May 24, 2014

Dear Claire: 3 months

Claire at 3 months is just over 13 lbs and in 3-6 month clothing. Our day starts between 6:30-7:30 for the first feeding, depending on how long she sleeps:
7:00 - wake, nurse
8:00 - nap
10:00 - nurse
11:00 - nap
1:00 - nurse
2:00 - nap
3:30 - nurse
4:30 - nap
6:30 - nurse, bath
7:30 - bed
9:30 - dreamfeed

I just saw something wonderful on Pinterest, and although I'm starting late, this is a great idea that I want to try. I'm going to periodically write letters to my little loves about what they're doing at that moment in time. Something that will surely someday make me cry! So there will likely be a few of these with different ages showing up on the blog. :)

Dear Claire,

You are already 3 months old, and my, how time is flying with you, little one. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, the first 3 months weren't as easy as I envisioned, but then, your daddy tells me I see the world with rose-colored glasses and I always anticipate the very best scenarios. I'm an optimist! I think I expected the sleeping thing to be easy since the boys were relatively easy to sleep-train, and I think I didn't expect the feeding problems because I figured no way feeding could be difficult with a full-term singleton. God uses my assumptions for growth, that's all I can say :) I cannot believe how quickly your infancy has passed, but I am grateful that you are eating comfortably now and sleeping so well.

Only 3 months old and already you are a whiz kid :) Today (at 14 wks and 2 days), you rolled over from your back to your tummy 3 times. That's not supposed to happen for a few months! And you've already mastered the tummy to back roll, which was a couple of months early. I often am told how alert you are by others, and indeed you seem to take everything in - reminds me of your brother Jack! I love to watch you as you watch your brothers; you are fascinated by them and so quiet while they are active around you. When they sit next to you and slow down to interact, you will "talk" to them - it's as if you know when it's the right time for a conversation. And goodness, you are a talker! But I think it's funny how you wait until the end of an alert period to really talk. It's almost as if you are waking up slowly, watching and taking everything in, then in a rush you want to express yourself to make sense of all the new things you learned in the last hour :) As fun as all your talking and "ah, ah, ahs" are, it's your smiles and laughs that are just the best. You are a smiley little thing, and your laughter almost always gives you hiccups!

As for eating and sleeping, you are eating well, although I often have to remind you that eating is not a time to be social, because you will roll backward to look at me and smile, then dive back into my chest a few times before deciding that you will eat again. Silly girl. You really have been a good sleeper from the start, you just weren't very consistent until recently. I will say that putting you down for a nap or for the night has been a snap. I would actually like to rock you a little before naps, since you are my last baby and I want to enjoy this phase, but you will start falling asleep before I can even finish one song. Sometimes you are asleep as soon as I finish wrapping you and give you your pacifier. I am also amazed at the amount of noise you are able to sleep through. Crossing my fingers that that lasts a while longer! You will often refuse the last nap of the day, which is the busiest time of day for me as I am feeding your brothers, getting them bathed, etc - so you will join us in the living room and usually fall asleep in your rock & play sleeper, amid all the noise, balls flying over your head and all.

Keeping these letters brief may be difficult. I love you more with each passing day, my Claire bear, and you are such a wonderful addition to this family.

XOXO,
Mommy

Conked out in the living room!
 

I just think you look like a little doll here!
 

 

 

 

 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs