Saturday, May 24, 2014

Dear Jack: 3 years

Dear Jack,

You had a surgery last week, and I was originally going to let your daddy take you (since you, also, are a serious "daddy's boy" right now) until he told me that the surgeon suggested bringing a lovey for after your surgery. I couldn't imagine my little boy waking up and needing his lovey but not having his mommy there, so we made arrangements for Aunt La to stay with Ben & Claire while we took you for your surgery. I was happy to have some Jack snuggle time before your surgery. You are such a caring brother, you were sure to pick out a sticker to bring home to Ben and asked about him a few times while we were gone. You often think about your brother; for example when we go out you will grab two of whatever you see (balls, swings, toys) and hold one for your brother. When we got home, you were totally fine, as if nothing had happened. In general when you get sick, you are such a trooper and act almost the same, just a little slower than normal Jack-speed!

Oh, sweet Jack, you are such a funny dude! You have a big, fun personality and you have been alert and aware from day one. I think you are a problem solver, and we can almost see your mind at work sometimes. You are smart and have a great memory, and will often bring up something from "yesterday" - everything in the past is "yesterday!" You like to sing and are proud that you know your ABCs. We are proud, too! You are not as much of a cuddler as your brother, but you are so caring and empathetic. You will notice other children get upset and comment on them or try to help them, and you are a conscientious sharer, not just with your brother, but with others too - at Kindermusik you will pass out items to any child or parent who is missing some. You are a big helper to me and to others too, and sing the "clean up song" to yourself as you pick up.  You are quick to congratulate someone on an accomplishment, telling them "dood job," or that you are "proud for" them. You are my fruit-eater and eat almost all fruits I give you, which might be connected to your little sweet-tooth.

Just like your brother, you are an active boy who loves going outside, but you're not much of a fan of sunscreen either. You love to throw & catch balls, and have started to enjoy soccer. You are a little mischief-maker, and have an accomplice for all of your clever schemes. I love your sweet, high-pitched voice, and your sweet, squeezy hugs. You are such a busy boy and rarely sit still. Right now you are into trains and trucks, books, coloring, balls, puzzles, tinker toys/legos, and art. You also love our activities, but don't ask for them as often as Ben. I think you are content with entertaining yourself pretty often. You are so darn cute, and I love your little face. You tend to be sensitive and intuitive, and in most situations, you "get it." You are always listening and taking things in, evaluating your environment - not much gets past my Jackster! You also refuse to answer violence with violence - when Ben scratches or bites you (he has been scratching you a lot lately when he pinches you), you will not retaliate but just cry until mommy or daddy intervene. I hope that is a trend for life, and that you always realize that two wrongs don't make a right. :)

You are such a loveable and thoughtful boy, and you are so loved! I enjoy your problem-solving and getting insights into that bright little mind of yours, and I am looking forward to seeing where life takes you. You do need to slow down a little; every time I look into your little face I am struck by how quickly you are growing and changing. I pray that God will bless you both with good friends, good teachers, and a love of learning with a heart for others. You bring so much joy to my heart; I love you so much!

XOXO,
Mommy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs