Saturday, March 9, 2013

Playing with Mom

I love my afternoons with Ben & Jack. They are so busy & energetic and they go non-stop most of the day. I have joked that it actually hurts my feelings a little when I try to play with them and they mostly ignore me because they are so busy playing on their own. So when I can catch their attention with a new activity, we have so much fun.

This afternoon I walked out of the room to get their snack and returned to find Ben on the couch reading some magazines I'd left out. Jack had discovered a little bottle of eyedrops and was pretty intrigued with how it worked. Not for your nose, Jacks. He thinks it's funny when I put stuff in his pockets and I think it's funny to watch him try to get stuff out of his pockets: win-win!







We make forts sometimes - I'm really bad at them, but so far no complaints :)


Ben loves this giant rubber duck - he picked it out at the Home Goods store one day when we were shopping and wouldn't put it down and he really loves it! When we bring it in the bath, they act out Are You My Mother? with the big duck and the little rubber ducks we have - and if the big duck isn't there, they hold their rubber duckies up and sadly say "Mamaaa" - I will never get tired of this!

Jack demands "choo choo" every day and I like how he scoots all around his chair. Ben is nowhere near as interested in t.v. as Jack, or maybe his attention span for television is just shorter.

 

Here are the boys "cooking" beans in their kitchen - they love stirring :)



Afternoon fun with my sweet, handsome boys:

 


 

I think these 2 pics are of Jack throwing a mini-fit because Ben had the preferred "Black choo choo" - we have 2, now, so no more fits! (Hopefully)
Jack made his own cymbals and flinched every time he banged these together! 
Funny story about that green shirt. Ben has a shirt that says "Daddy's little dude;" both boys will frequently say "Dada's duuuuude!" and Ben will point to his shirt to repeat it. To try to make things fair, I've told them this green shirt says "Mama's dude!" So far it hasn't caught on, I just get "rawr" when I ask them what this shirt says. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs