After that they napped in the car as we drove to the Nasher. We had a picnic lunch outside all the food trucks (I think this is J's new obsession - last weekend we went to the Stonewall fundraiser and had lunch at the food trucks, and this week he saw they would be at First Saturdays so we went today too). It was really yummy, and the boys had their first shaved ice! Jack was hesitant at first, but then he started opening his mouth as soon as he had swallowed, ready for the next bite. So cute :) Ben was going crazy crawling all around the blanket, and Jack was having a daddy-day, just relaxing in his daddy's lap and wanting his daddy to hold him.
We strolled around the Nasher (it's so pretty) and Ben thought it was hilarious to push the stroller while I held him. They were a little upset that they weren't allowed in the fountains. I told them to hurry up and start walking and I'll take them to a splash park. All about the incentives, you know.
Last night was Passover with the Solomon fam over at the Goldbergs'. It was a smaller crowd than usual, but a good time and yummy food. Ben & Jack ate...and ate...and ate, for probably two hours solid. I fed them some of the jar food we're trying to get rid of before the Seder began, and they ate puffs during the Haggadah reading, then they fully participated in the festive meal. They love matzah, and G'ma Lainey's matzah ball soup, just like their daddy. They also ate brisket and the rest of the meal! I was amazed at how much they were putting away. My little champs were very good during the Seder, and I was impressed with their good behavior. Some showing off took place, and flirting, especially with Cousin Lauren, whom Ben was sitting next to. I had not changed my watch to the spring forward time, so was off on time and the boys were out well past their bedtime, but they were still well-behaved! Thanks again to their Papa for bringing high chairs for them.
Tonight marked a milestone - it was our first non-family member babysitter! Nanny Mercedes babysat for us tonight so that we could go out to dinner to celebrate Jonathan's birthday. We went to Pappa's Bro.s, and sadly our favorite server in the world, Beau, had the day off, but we still had an excellent time. What a great Saturday! Tomorrow will be cinnamon rolls for J's B-day and Tyler for Easter. :)
| Ben & Jack with Uncle Mark & Cousin Lauren |
| Ben is ready for more eating |
No comments:
Post a Comment