I figure if I blog about it I have to follow through, so I'm writing this to make myself commit to a weight loss plan. Can you really call it "baby weight" a year after the birth? I don't know about that. I've tried a couple of times to "diet" and start a work out plan, but it was really hard when I was still pumping, so I figured I'd wait until I was done with that and sort of start fresh when my body was really, finally 100% my own again. Breastfeeding made me hungry all the time; also, I couldn't do anything in the morning before I pumped, and mornings are best for me to exercise since I'm usually exhausted by the boys' bedtime. Soooo, I've been done with pumping for about three weeks now...and every Monday I have started anew, but failed miserably. Tomorrow will be the third Monday, and hopefully the third time's the charm.
I have made an inspiration board, which is a first for me, but was kind of fun! It's also an accountability center, since I don't know how I would make time for weight watchers meetings or anything like that. Also for accountability I am checking in with my sisters, who are also working to get more fit. So I like that I have someone to commiserate with. :) I have weight loss goals, of course ("baby weight"), but also running goals so I'm excited to get back into running since I've really missed it.
Here's my goal picture. I literally cannot find one picture from Dec 2009-Feb 2010, when I was training for a half marathon and was in the best shape of my life. Oh well, this was from November 2009 right after the Turkey Trot 8 mile run, so it's pretty close. Oh, I'm bringing J in on this weight loss thing with me, since he says he also gained some "baby weight." I'm not making him an accountability partner though, because all he has to do is think about losing weight and he'll lose five pounds, which is discouraging for someone like me who takes five weeks to lose five pounds. Hopefully this time next year I'll be healthier and more fit. At least I hope so, because Ben & Jack will be walking any day now and I'm going to need to be in shape to run around after them all day. :)
1 week ago
No comments:
Post a Comment