Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mischief

Ohhhh boys, you really keep me on my toes. I have to be constantly alert to their activity to try to avoid accidents, but they still get plenty of bumps and bruises during the day. Yesterday I had a bad migraine - probably the worst I've felt in the last year - and I was sort of out of it. I let the boys into the kitchen with me while I finished getting dinner ready, and it took a few minutes for it to register with me that they were getting into our little bar-stand. I rushed over and took out all of the wine bottles so that they couldn't pull them out and knock their little heads with them. A few minutes later I caught myself thinking what a nice tinkling/clinking sound I was hearing, and then it registered that they were hitting the hanging wine glasses against each other. Those particular glasses are made with very fine glass, and I panicked thinking that they would shatter before I could reach them across the kitchen. I then removed all the wine glasses. They're so quick! I should probably finish baby-proofing before letting them into a new area (they don't usually go into the kitchen).

Some of the other fun stuff they've been doing lately - both boys try so hard to put items on their heads like they've seen us do for them. They hold a toy/cloth/etc behind their head for a second before dropping it, but can't quite understand that they need to move their hand upwards. Ben, in particular, tries really hard. I have found paci's down the back of his onesies, and toys sticking out of the back of his shirt (as evidenced below). I think it's so funny.


They also love opening drawers and pulling stuff out. Recently, they discovered how to open the drawer beneath their cribs and pull out the sheets, put toys in there and close it up, or crawl inside, as evidenced below. 

They have also discovered that they can crawl behind the gliding chair in their room. They love to play hide-and-seek with each other around the chair (seriously, has to be one of the cutest things ever) and play with the shutters from behind the chair. Unfortunately only one can stand there at a time, and usually Jack makes it there first with Ben using Jack as leverage to pull himself up. Jack doesn't like that so much, but so far he's refraining from biting. :)
 

Their birthday chairs have provided hours of fun. They love, love to crawl over their chairs, stand up and look out, crawl back and forth, etc. Jack especially loves to crawl back and forth (below). They also like to look outside, open & close the shutters, and try to climb on the pack & play. The first few days we had to be really mindful and watch that they didn't fall. Now they are little pros at catching themselves when they fall, thankfully!




Silly, active baby boys. They love to "walk" these days (with help) and crawl & climb all over the place. I'm seriously so tired by the end of the day. We are working on getting our back-yard more baby-friendly so that we can spend more time outside soon and expel some of their little boy energy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs