Friday, April 20, 2012

Activities 27-30

Day 27: We did Wonder Kleenex Box from www.ayearwithmomanddad.com. I tied a bunch of scarves together and stuffed them into an empty wipes dispenser so the boys could pull them out. They liked it! My failure here was only doing one box. I got out a puff's box and let both boys have something to pull. This was a lot of fun; not only did they have fun pulling the scarves out and stuffing them back in, but we made the scarves wave and they shook them all around. They also tore apart the tissue they pulled out, but that's okay. :)




Day 28: Discovery Bottles, from www.familyfun.go.com. I put a few small items into some bottles with water and let the boys each have a bottle and shake it around to look at the things inside. They already love playing with water bottles, so I figured this would be a hit. Jack thought it was fun to shake it up and down and Ben liked to pretend he was drinking. Silly boys!


Day 29: Squishy Goo in a bag, from the same site as yesterday. I made a "goo" concoction, put it in a ziploc, and let the boys squish and feel it. They kept feeling it with their feet! It was so funny to watch them put their little feet out and touch the bag, like they didn't want to use their hands. Jack was definitely more interested in Ben, but it was kind of neat to watch them squish it around.


Day 30: Was "coin drop," from Creative Resources for Infants and Toddlers. I cut a hole into an empty oatmeal canister and let them drop items in. They loved this one! I had to empty it over and over to let them keep at it, and they really enjoyed it :)


I'm a little sad our 30 day challenge is over, but it was a really fun endeavor. I will definitely keep looking for new and different activities for them to do, especially as they get older and there are more and more age-appropriate activities out there for us to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs