Saturday, August 11, 2012

Little Monkeys

Yesterday I discovered that Ben & Jack know how to "ooh-ooh-ah-ah" and scratch under their arms like a monkey. We have been making that noise when we come to the "gorilla" page in The Grouchy Ladybug book (a recent favorite - they love those pages!), but had no idea that they had picked it up until they just started doing it. Hilarious! Jack started it, which is why the video focus is on him, and in the process I realized that Ben knew how to "be a monkey" too! I tried to take a second video of Ben, but by that point they had made it into the kitchen and wanted to get into the ball pit. Silly little monkey boys!


Recently Jack has been lifting his arms in the air when he starts to dance. CUTEST THING EVER. I think it's adorable and try so hard to capture it on film, but he's very quick about it and I often miss it. I did include a quick video below where I got him as he was dancing to a Sesame Street song.


The boys think Buddy is their "at-home Little Gym," and climb over and over and over him. He's usually a pretty good sport until a knee hits him in the belly, and he has growled at them once or twice. Poor Buddy; I have to discipline him when he growls at them, but sometimes I'll put him in his crate just to get him away from the boys for a breather.

I love the expression on Jack's face as he's looking at Buddy, like "Are you awake? How far can I push you?"
Ben going over!
Littlebit has also had to have more crate-time lately, as she is enjoying "snack-time" a little too much. I looked down the other night and noticed that she is becoming rather round! If I'm not careful she's going to be a little sausage, so we are going to be limiting her intake by crating her during meal and snack times. The boys love Bit, though, and laugh when she licks their hands.


Just a few of my favorite recent pics:

Silly Jack!
Man on a mission - he was just walking around the room with all his goodies!
Playing
 

Jack has been pursing his lips lately - I think it's so cute :)
Kissing Elmo
Rough-housing with Dad right before bed is generally frowned upon, but this sweet face is hard to say "no" to :)
Best part of waking up, Part I
Best part of waking up, Part II
Ben wants YOU!
Ahhhh, rascally Jack :)
Jack: OK, if you get in here with me, I get to drum on your head!
Brotherly Love :)

My helpful boys helping me vacuum!!
Having fun with Honey and Papa, whose name I started saying tonight!! - Ben
Tia Katie is so funny! And I said "Papa" first. - Jack

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs