Thursday, August 16, 2012

Silly boys

This week, Jack has been walking around with his little hands clasped behind his back. When I first realized what he was doing, I was a little worried - had he pulled a muscle? (Can babies even do that?) Was he trying to stretch his arm? Ben had bitten him on the shoulder blade, was he trying to move his arm around to ease the muscle? I didn't have a clue! So I just watched him, and it seems like he's fine, he just likes to walk around with his hands behind his back. Is that a sign that he is going to be a little mischief-maker, or what? "Who, me?" - Jack, innocently



I love any picture I can get of the boys interacting - it's so hard, because: a. I want to enjoy their play time, not have to worry with the camera and getting a good photo, and b. they move so quickly it's hard to get a good shot! Their new favorite activity is the big Lego blocks (especially dumping them out of the basket) and after a while, Jack started playing with the basket on his head, which Ben thought was pretty silly.






Finally, I had to put together some toddler "busy boxes" - many ideas from Pinterest, but a lot of these items were either from Lakeshore Learning (love that place) or toys we already had. The reason for the boxes is that Ben & Jack are having difficulty with the concept of "sharing" right now, as well as the concept of "no, stay out of that drawer." So making dinner was becoming a bit of a headache, trying to keep them out of the snack drawers (they don't want to eat the snacks, they just like to throw them down on the ground and crush them) and tupperware drawers (mommy is tired of washing all the tupperware every night), or break up fights over a particular toy. (It doesn't matter that we have two red balls, Ben often wants both. Sigh.) Anyway, I'm pretty proud of them! Every one has a different sorting activity, since that's what they're really into right now, and a couple of books, and a sensory or small play object. So far they have loved them! They will bring me the sorting jar/etc every few minutes or so to empty for them so they can start over, but they have definitely kept them entertained during dinner-prep, which is what I needed them for. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs