Thursday, August 23, 2012

An Avid Reader & a Music Lover

Lately, Ben has been obsessed with books. The first thing he does in the morning is go to the bookshelf and read, and at bedtime he gets upset when reading is over. I've literally had to hide one of our Bright Baby first words books because he just wants to read it over and over and over. When he decides he's ready to read a book, he will grab a book and make excited noises as he is bringing it to you. It's almost like, "Oh! Look! I've just found this amazing book! Aren't you excited to read it to me?!" It's sooooo cute. When it's over, he drops it, slides off your lap, and goes to pick out a new book, and gets excited all over again. If it is the aforementioned Bright Baby book, you will end up reading it to him every other time. This goes on for a long, long time, until I either have to get up for some reason or until Jack piques his interest in something else. He loves books, and I love that he loves books! I do get tired of the same books, though, I'll admit it. His favorites are:

Bright Baby First Words, First 100 Animals
Little Blue Truck
B is for Bear
Goodnight Moon
The Grouchy Ladybug
Raindrops, A Shower of Colors
Snuggle Puppy (although that may be a parent favorite, as he does give kisses with this one!)

Ben, reading
Jack likes to read too, but in moderation :)
Jack is my little music lover. That boy sings every time we get in the car and dances every chance he gets. He loves, loves, loves Kindermusik, and Ben does too. If I make up a silly little song he starts shaking his booty. My favorite is when he dances a little jig by moving his feet really fast, or when he hunches over really far to where his chest is almost parallel with the ground. He will start up a musical toy over and over just so he can dance.

 


In other cute-ness, the boys have discovered how to clench their fists and make their faces red. I have no idea how they learned it, but first Ben, then Jack started doing it, and it's kind of funny.



The boys are also having a ball with cars, lately. I love watching them push their cars around.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs