I have a few pictures of some of our August activities, below. Last week the boys got a cold and have been getting their molars in (Jack has one of his bottom molars already - so weird to see a full big tooth down there!) so we didn't go out as much. Here's just a little of what we've been doing:
- Pipe cleaners in the colander - this was sort of fun, though they made this game their own by turning the colander over half-way through and just put all the pipe cleaners inside, then took them out, and then put them back in. Just as much fun as putting them through the holes!
- I saw an idea on Pinterest to put up an oil drip pan to use as a magnetic board if your fridge isn't magnetic - it works great! The boys liked it before I got it up on the wall and have played with the magnetic letters every day since. They've also already lost the "E," which makes it hard to spell Ben. Sigh.
- We used straws to blow balloons. Or just played with straws and balloons individually, whatever. Then we used our pool noodles to hit the balloons like a golf ball. Fun!!
- This was a favorite - any time I leave the dogs' water bowl down, the boys make a beeline for it and start splashing. They love making a mess in the water! So when I put down some towels and a little dish of water with some small toys for them to splash and have fun, they had a ball. Until the water was all gone, anyway.
- Since we were playing in water that day, we also painted with water, too. They loved the paintbrushes, and when they were through with their masterpieces (which unfortunately dried by the time daddy got home - I still had them taped down and when I showed him, he was like, "what?" haha!) they went ahead and painted the rest of the house, too.
- We did a great fine motor activity I got from Pinterest of pushing golf tees (plenty of those, thanks Daddy) into floral foam. The boys loved this one too!
- Aw, I hate to end on an "activity fail," but here we are, so I guess I'll go ahead and end it here. Haha, this was pretty bad. It was supposed to be a contact paper art activity, where I taped contact paper to the window and let the boys stick stuff to it. Nope. Did not happen. They were much more interested in taking it down off the window. You can see where it got stuck to Ben's foot and Jack's hand. They did enjoy tearing some tissue paper for the activity and exploring the glitter puff balls. So maybe I'll call this a sensory activity success :)
No comments:
Post a Comment