Friday, March 2, 2012

Bathtime Fun

A few weeks back I started bathing the boys together. They had decided they didn't like baths before bedtime, maybe because that period is their longest awake time and they get tired/fussy at night. So I started  bathing them in the mornings, which means it's always by myself. Trying to attend to a baby in the bath while making sure his brother is also safe in the other room is difficult, so I thought this would be easier for all of us. At first it worked really well - they got more playtime while their brother was getting bathed. This past week they have again decided that baths are no fun. If I just let them play in the water without restraining them in their seats, they'd be fine! Unfortunately I have to make sure they don't drown and actually wash them and stuff. Sigh.

Anyway during their love of bath time, they would follow me into the bathroom and peer over the side of the tub. Jack would actually lift his leg like he was trying to get in. It was so funny! Their favorite things to do in the tub include chewing on their little sea animals/rubber duckies and pouring water from cups. This one is a pain, because sometimes they try to drink the bath water, yuck. They love to kick (mostly Jack) and splash (mostly Ben). Ben is totally easy-going about sharing space, getting splashed, etc, while Jack will whine if Ben's seat opens and touches his leg, or if Ben's foot touches his. Silly little men!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs