Here are my little loves with their elephants - their last elephant progression pic!

Jack at 1 year:
Height: 30" (53%)
Weight: 19 lbs 7 oz (8%)
Head size: 18" (25%)
Diaper: size 4
Clothes size: 12-18 months (a little big on Jack, but I like keeping them in the same size)
Favorite foods: Carbs! Jack loves bread & crackers. He also loves cheese, pizza, quesadillas, yogurt, cheerios, chicken, puffs, & yogurt bites. He is so funny when feeding himself, because he will stuff bites into his little mouth until he can fit nothing more. It is amazing that he doesn't choke himself.
Favorite song: Itsy Bitsy Spider
Favorite book: Brown Bear, Brown Bear
*Mr. Independent - Jack is good at entertaining himself, whereas Ben more frequently looks to interact or seek attention from us.
*Pulling up all over the place, and is SO quick when he crawls!
*Can say "mama" (mostly at me when he wants something) and "dada" sometimes, and "ball!" I swear the other day he was trying to say "duck" when we were reading a book.
*He has started expressing displeasure by kicking and swinging his legs when I pick him up from something. Awesome.
*SO smart & inquisitive; he initiates/makes up games and figures things out / problem solves like nobody's business. I love watching him learn new things.
*Active & busy - always doing something
*Active & busy - always doing something
*Continues to be our little rascal, and growls all the time :)
*He tends to be the leader, mostly leading his sweet brother into trouble or meddling where they shouldn't be, like into the DVDs or the t.v. stand or down the hall.
*Very social with others, especially babies or kids. He is forever smiling at kids (mostly girls! - Jonathan calls him our little ladies' man) when we go out to dinner and has always been interested in looking around and checking people out.
Ben at 1 year:
Height: 29.75" (50%)Weight: 20 lb.s 11 oz (32%)
Head size: 18.25" (45%)
Diaper: size 4
Clothes size: 12-18 months
Favorite foods: Protein - Ben loves chicken and cheese, and will happily stuff his mouth when he feeds himself. He also loves yogurt bites, yogurt, cheerios, mashed potatoes, bread, and puffs. Neither boys eat many fruits/veggies as solids, so we generally still do pureed jar food for those, but we keep trying.
Favorite song: Itsy Bitsy Spider
Favorite book: Brown Bear, Brown Bear
*Pulling up and standing on his own some! Loves to walk with us holding his hands.
*Can say "mama" (also mostly when he wants something from me) and "dada" sometimes, and can say "bye" although not always when you want him to :)
*Little snuggle bug! He gives the best hugs when he wakes up from naps, just lays his little head on your shoulder for a couple of minutes.
*Sensitive, smart, inquisitive. He loves to clap and will spend a lot of time figuring out something new. Love to watch his mind at work.
*Ben is a happy little dude; he is mostly chill where ever we are (dinner, car, etc) and go-with-the-flow. He also loves to smile & laugh and will often make eye contact with us to start a smiling game ("get you," etc). He loves his brother and follows him around at home a lot.
*Ben is our little social butterfly at home; he is more interested in "talking" or wrestling with us than his brother
*Ben has also started expressing displeasure, but is a little more "all in" than his brother, as he will arch his back and kick his legs and has even thrown himself down on the floor a couple of times! It probably doesn't help that I laugh when he does it.
*Proficient at crocodile tears - a lot of fake crying when he wants something, whereas Jack will just make angry sounds if he isn't getting his way
*A little bit of a momma's boy; Ben sticks a little closer to me than Jack does when we're out and about; for example at Little Gym he takes much longer to warm up and go explore, and even then he typically checks back to make sure I'm near; whereas once Jack warms up, he is off and I am free to follow him if I want :)
**Both boys are starting to really get into dancing, with shaking their heads (so cute!) and Jack twists his shoulders back & forth, while Ben more often shakes his whole body. I love it! We've started having daily dance parties when I can remember to get the music going.
**They almost always wake up happy, which is just the best. They jabber to each other in their cribs and just smile and play in their cribs when I come in to get them. They are really happy and sweet baby boys; we are so blessed.
I sometimes can't imagine how I got chosen to be the mother of these amazing little boys. I still tell them almost daily how lucky I am that God chose me to be their mama.
This almost made me cry. Seriously, tears in my eyes. Love you guys and those boys like crazy. Happy b-day, cupcakes!
ReplyDeleteL.