I'm late on these, and sorry for that. I decided to make time to blog today because last night, when Jonathan sat on the floor next to Buddy with his laptop open where I could see it, he went to our blog page and sighed heavily. Poor baby. So here we go!
Big news, we have a nanny! Nanny Mercedes comes Wednesday mornings to play and it has been so nice to have help. The boys L-O-V-E her, and when I'm getting things done around the house I can just hear them giggling and playing with her. After months of me working up to feel I could maybe trust someone else with them, weeks of searching, and even a couple of interviews, we found her and we love her! Our wonderful neighbor suggested contacting a friend of hers, for whom Mercedes has worked for 10 years, and it has worked out so well. Now I don't have to ask Jonathan to take off work when I need to go to the doctor, or take away from family time to get my hair done on Saturdays, or run errands to non-double-stroller-friendly shops at night when Jonathan is home, etc. etc.
In other big news, which also contributed to last week being so busy, we started our twin playgroup last month! Last week we hosted here and had 8 tiny bodies crawling around our living room. The boys graciously shared their toys :) and had a lot of fun! We've also met at the Arboretum - so fun to go outdoors. I'm so glad to have met these ladies and their little ones, and it's such a great social time for Ben & Jack.
On to the activities. These are actually from 2 weeks ago. I skipped the activity challenge last week because the weather had been so nice and we were so, so busy! I hadn't intended to skip an entire week, but when we skipped Monday to basically hang out outside all day (hello, Spring! You're early and we are so glad!) the rest of the week sort of followed.
Day 17: Cornmeal play, from www.rainbowswithinreach.blogspot.com. I would have never thought to let the babies play with cornmeal, but I could see how as they get older it would be neat to use for practicing letters, etc. As you can probably tell by the look on their faces, I think they thought it was kind of gross. They would look at their hands and frown as they moved their fingers to feel the cornmeal. It is rather grainy, but they had fun moving it around on their tray!
Day 18: Playing with the laundry basket! I figured since the boys looooove to throw out clothes from the laundry basket when I am trying to fold laundry, that they would maybe enjoy trying to throw balls into the basket. Jack, especially, loves to put small items in places, and I am forever finding him standing over his laundry basket looking at whatever he has dropped in or hanging on the gate looking at what he has dropped to the other side. But both of them like putting balls in their ball popper (or their shaker eggs, which prevent the ball popper from working) and I'll find little toys or balls in between the shutters and the windows (they love moving the shutters), etc. I love doing their laundry and getting to the bottom of the basket and finding odd toys that Jack has "put away." I am sure this is just the beginning of finding things in places they don't belong. :) They did enjoy this activity, and putting items into the basket was just as much fun as turning it upside-down to beat on the bottom.
Day 19: Jello in a pan, from www.playcreateexplore.com What fun! We have given the boys jello once before, at Luby's, but this was the first time they got to really go to town with squishing it and making a mess. They didn't really eat much of it, but they had a good time squishing cheerios into it and squeezing it through their fingers.
Day 20: Musical toy hide & seek, from www.clickpraylove.com. I basically started their musical mozart cube (or whatever its called) and "hid" it in places. The boys love hide & seek with me and this was sort of fun, too. It's harder with two, because they would distract each other during the game. Haha! But they did find it a few times!
Day 21: Fort. What kid doesn't like playing in a fort? I threw a big blanket over their bouncer, which they already love playing under, and they had a grand time. Actually, we had just come in from outside and I had given them their sippy cups, and they mostly just wanted to sit under their "fort" drinking from their cups. They're so funny! Upon checking out these photos, it would appear that I am a pretty terrible fort-maker. Oh, well, I'm sure my two active little boys will surpass my fort-making-skills in the future.
1 week ago





No comments:
Post a Comment