It's crazy to us how fast J&B are growing. They talk so much these days, carry on conversations with each other, and are frequently interested in our/adult conversations. Jack, in particular will listen to J& me talking and say "What you say, mama? / Mama, what you talkin about? / Mama, what you saying?" Hmmm, maybe he's mostly interested in what I am saying :)
They talk to each other, direct each other's play, initiate and make up new games to play with each other, and it's so fun to listen to. Yesterday Jack told me, "Mama, Ben missed you at school today," and when I looked at Ben and said "You did?" he nodded solemnly. When I gave him a big hug and told him I missed him too, Jack watched and said "I missed you, too, mama!" in a silly, almost exasperated voice. Of course he got a big hug as well - I can't stop! I kiss them all the time, and sometimes Ben will pass by me and lean his head into me so I can kiss it in passing. He has been so lovey lately, and will get back out of bed to give me & J "bonus" hugs at night.
When they play, Jack narrates his activity with high pitched voices for his car/dinosaur/etc, whereas Ben softly murmurs in a regular voice to himself as he plays. But both are focused and intent on their activity, and I looooove listening to them narrate what they are doing. I try not to chime in, because it throws off their focus, but sometimes I can't help but respond in high-pitched voices back :)
Ben can be particularly single-minded and focused, and one of J's favorite stories is when he passed by them watching tv in their chairs one morning to sit down and put on his shoes. When the show was over, Ben turned around and saw him and asked "Daddy. When did you get here, Daddy?"
I love the pic below of them chatting over the footstool. They love going to the park - we are even venturing out of our comfort zone (aka toddler swings) and into the big kid swings!
1 week ago




No comments:
Post a Comment