It was our first Thanksgiving with the boys, and what an eventful day they had! We headed over to J's parents' house after our morning feeding and spent most of the day there. The boys got lots of QT in with the Solomon/Bass/Meredith family. They got 3 new books and 2 new plush balls from their great-grandparents and Aunt Andi - what fun!
 |
| Our family :) |
 |
| Jack & Ben |
 |
| Jack laughing it up with Tia Katie & Uncle Guy |
 |
| Ben: Only the finest |
 |
| I think this may be the family Christmas card pic - but I couldn't resist sharing! It's too good :) |
I never feel like we get enough pictures. We should have taken more with the rest of the fam, especially since Leslie was in town! I wish we'd gotten a picture of Ben playing peek-a-boo with cousin Lauren - he loves her! Every time we get together he just smiles and wants to look at her. He also cuddled very sweetly with Aunt Andi when he got sleepy. I should add that Susie's spread was delicious - complete with yummy "school rolls." And the company, including family & Solomon family friends, the Landauers & Herschs, was great!
At any rate, those are some of the pictures from the day. You can see above that Ben was enjoying "drinking" water from the good crystal. ;) My little Benny cut his first tooth this morning! It's a sharp little thing on the front lower gum, and we went crazy clapping for him this morning when we discovered it. He looked back and forth between us, grinning - so proud of himself! The rest of our "eventful" day was my poor little Jack being sick. He was congested and running a low fever all day, which turned into a 102+ fever this evening. He couldn't breathe, and had trouble eating, then fountain-vomited all over himself and me during dinner. We took a bath and went right to bed (late), but that sweet baby never fussed or complained and wanted to play with me while I was rocking him. It's so funny how different he and Ben can be! Ben just wanted to be held and cuddled when he was sick; if Jack weren't so congested and warm to the touch, you'd never know he was feeling bad. Sweet babies!!
So, on our first Thanksgiving, I am thankful for my baby boys, sweet blessings that they are! I am also thankful for my wonderful husband, our families, friends, and our health. How fortunate we are, and how good the Lord is - always!
No comments:
Post a Comment