It's been too long. I know this because Jonathan frequently asks me the projected date of a new blog post. Sorry. Last week really got away from me; it was our first experience with a cold. Poor Ben was congested and running a fever for the better part of the week. The boys didn't even get to dress up for Halloween! When the illness hit us I had Ben fussy with a fever just wanting to be cuddled, and Jack toying with a newfound separation anxiety. Fortunately, I think that has run its course; Ben is better and Jack has come through that phase with a whole new attitude. Little dude is happy as can be (praise God, because Ben has needed a lot of TLC the past week), content to play and explore on his own (and he does - he explores everything), and falls right to sleep for naps even if he looks like he could go another hour. He has really secured his "rascal" title, by being extra "rascally" the past few days. He's been fake coughing up a storm, doing a silly fake cough/laugh/growl combination that is hilarious, laughing at his brother over and over, pulling off glasses/stickers off shirts, hats, etc, and just generally being extra cute. Ben is also extra cute, but this week in a different, sweet/cuddly baby way.
So, we were late on Halloween, but I finally got around to taking a few pictures of the boys in their "costumes." When we weren't able to dress up Halloween night, I was even more glad that I hadn't spent money on a costume. We'll do a real costume next year, guys, when maybe you have some kind of understanding of what all is going on. Here are my sweet boys in their Bevo outfits - they were so cute! It's hard trying to pose them, get their attention, and take pictures all by myself, though, let me tell you.
"hey man, what's up?"
Jack: "Ben, don't move, there's something on your head."
Silly boys - and dress up was over
This weekend was the boys' first time to go to a birthday party! Twins Charlie & Vivienne turned 1, and Ben & Jack were there to celebrate in a big top way (it was a circus theme, and yes, I know that joke was lame). Their mom, Emily, helped me out with a lot of encouragement when the boys were in the thick of all the feeding issues. Jack and Ben were mad over the balloons - Jack had fun grasping the ribbon and Ben was rolling a balloon around. We took a family picture to commemorate their first party!
Last week, once Ben was feeling better, we went to lunch with Jenn & her girls on Thursday, and Ashley, one of my FISD friends, on Friday. Had so much fun catching up with both of them! Both days Jack thought Ben was hilarious! He would make eye contact with Ben, then giggle - precious! I got video and tried to edit a small part for the blog, but my computer won't let me, so the entire video for both is below. You can hear sweet Maddie in the background on the first one - she is so good with the babies :)
Finally, Ryan & Katie had Cooper on 11/4. He is so, so precious - little guy had both hands up holding his pacifier in his mouth. We took the boys to meet their newest cousin, but I totally forgot to get a picture of all the cousins together. Oh well, next time! Katie seemed to be doing great, and Connor was in high spirits :) Cooper weighed 7 lbs 2 oz - it's hard to think of the boys being that small just a few months ago. It goes too fast.
Cooper Jake!
Jack craned his neck all the way back to gaze at Uncle Ryan
I'll sign off here with a couple of cute pics of the boys over the last couple of weeks.
I am blessed with an amazing husband and three sweet little ones. This blog is about our crazy, wonderful life!
I am a stay-at-home mom and school psychologist. I still contract when I can and miss my professional life, but wouldn't trade this time for the world. Being a wife and mom is an incredible responsibility; it is challenging, important, fun, and rewarding - but it's not always easy! I'm fortunate to have a great family and great friends to support me and this little family I so adore.
Jonathan and I praise God on a daily basis for our beautiful blessings, and get the kids involved in gratitude too - I love to hear their sweet little "amens." This blog serves as my letter to our sweet babies; sort of an ongoing list of memories with our precious children!
I love the laughs! They are so sweet together!
ReplyDelete:)
Courtney