We were planning on going today (Thursday) but Jonathan left work early yesterday to take my car into the dealership since I needed an oil change and had a nail in a tire. He said he didn't want to take any chances with us driving on a bad tire. My sweet hubby! Since he had already taken off work, I suggested we go ahead to the fair so he didn't have to miss another afternoon of work.
It has been chilly this week, so we bundled the boys up well - OMG, they looked so cute all bundled up in their seats. They wore their new Christmas hats to keep their noggins warm, and I love those hats!
I'm used to getting lots of stares and comments when we go out; I think twin babies are sort of a novelty. I didn't think we'd get many at the fair with the amount of people and hustle & bustle, but surprisingly people would still try to stop and comment on the boys. It was kind of funny.
Our first family picture in front of Big Tex is below. Here's to hoping our angle and pictures improve in the coming years.
I think the trip was a success! They weren't really interested in the car show or the animals, but they were looking around at the lights and people. They were all smiles when we stopped in a pavilion to feed them and were happy campers the whole time. My sweet boys were tuckered out after this - we left around 7:30, which is bedtime for them. Jack fell asleep in the stroller, but Ben held on until we got to the car. After a late bedtime, my boys slept in until almost 8:00 this morning!
| Ben is out; note no pacifier, since he threw 2 on the ground :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment