The boys took a little nap as we strolled around, but woke up in time to stop by the petting zoo - they saw a cow, baby billy goats, and a sheep! No petting, I told them they're too young. Today was our first time in our City Mini stroller, too - J put it together for us last night. I loved it; it's so much easier to maneuver than the snap-n-go. The boys have outgrown the snap-n-go, as whomever is in back kicks the one in front. This stroller is so great, and it was fun to have the boys facing outward to see everything. There was a petting zoo to see, after all!
| Sleepy, cozy warm boys |
| Their first time to wear a pants outfit! |
| In-between grins. Love those baby blues! |
Since they're also putting everything they touch in their mouths, I got out some frozen washcloths for them to chew on - it worked so well!
Last photo is of Ben just now in the swing. Sadly, I think we have just about outgrown our swings. I was putting away laundry while Jack got a few extra minutes of nap in, and came back into the living room to see Ben twisted around in the swing reaching for the back of the net. He thought he was so clever, and twisted back around to grin at me.
I ran into a twin mom who had cute two-year-old boys and an infant at the Arboretum today. I love seeing twin moms out - usually they tell me & J that it gets easier, which is fun to hear :) It reminded me, though, of a twin mom we ran into at Target a couple of weeks ago. Her twins were around ten, and she had a third. She was really nice, but at the end of the conversation, she said "These weekend days are so long, aren't they?" I walked away thinking, maybe she meant to say the opposite, when J commented that he couldn't believe she'd said that. I'm fortunate to not have to work right now and get to stay home with the boys every day, so clearly I love the weekends when J is home too and we get to do family stuff together. But even during the week it's not like I'm watching the clock for the day to be over. I asked J if he feels like the weekend days are long and if he can't wait to go to work on Mondays, and he laughed. I think he loves our time with the boys just as much as I do. It made me remember to never take for granted that I get to spend so much time with them. I'm sure I'll feel the same ten years from now. Beyond blessed :)
No comments:
Post a Comment