Sunday, October 9, 2011

An Eye, A Lunch, Pinterest, & Baby Kisses

It's been a whole week since I last posted! After my almost-daily posts in September, it feels almost as if I have abandoned my new love - our family blog. I haven't, but I will say that my time for internet fun is being divided even more with my Pinterest account. Oh. My. Goodness. I think I'm addicted - how much fun is Pinterest? Love it.

Last Monday, we took Jack in for his eye procedure. He has had a blocked tear duct since birth that we had to have "probed" at the opthamologist's office.  Little Jack was such a champ! He fell asleep in my arms in the waiting room, and was great during the eye exam. Jonathan went back with him for the procedure while I waited with Ben - judging by my reaction to their shots, I don't think I could've handled it. It was super quick, thankfully, and although he cried loud enough for me to hear down the hall, he stopped as soon as Jonathan picked him up. J said Jack clung to him afterwards - poor baby! But the upside is that we have clear eyes! It would get so bad that in the mornings when he woke up, he could only open one eye and the other was glued shut with gunk. No more gunk, no more massaging the tear duct 8 times a day, and wide open baby blues. I wish I had taken before and after pictures - maybe I'll get better at picture-taking. At any rate, the best picture I could find is the one below - it's not great (because I was really good at keeping his little eye clean :) but you can see the tearing out of the outside corner of his eye that usually left a little raw spot and a little gunk on the inside corner.


And this is post-eye-procedure, in a trance on G'ma Lainey's shoulder - you can see how both eyes are open (the left isn't slightly swollen, as it has been) and clear:

Today we had lunch with the Solomon fam, since Tia Katie was in town. We met at Cafe Express (yum) and the boys did great, despite missing a nap! Somehow we didn't get any pics of their Papa, or me & J. I think there were a couple of cameras going. Also, you may note that the boys are in their green & gold (thanks Stacy!) - we are only allowed to wear double BU colors on Sundays, since Dad has claimed Saturdays are for wearing burnt orange and white. :) Here's a few pics from the morning:

Jack enjoys a backrub from G'ma Lainey
G'dad Lawrence & 2! babies
Cousin Lauren and Ben, as Ben discovers breadsticks are fun!
Tia Katie and Ben :)
Aaaaand, he's out :)

Finally, baby kisses from Ben. He has started giving wide-open kisses! First he grabs my face in his tiny baby fists (which actually kind of hurts, but it's a trade-off) and pulls me close, then open-mouths my cheek/mouth/chin/whatever he is close to. I L-O-V-E it. How cute is he? Here's a video Jonathan took today:

1 comment:

  1. Long time reader, second time commenter. Can I just tell you that you have the best looking set of twins that I've ever seen. You're a very, very, very lucky woman!

    PS I love you.

    ReplyDelete

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs