Friday, July 6, 2012

Splash park, Arboretum, & Pictures

We went to the splash park last weekend and were joined by Papa, Honey, & Tia Katie. The boys actually took a little while to warm up; I think they were more interested in walking around than they were in the water at first. They had a blast and were glad to show off for their family at the water "spray-ground."


A couple of weeks ago my parents came up with Connor and we spent the morning at the Arboretum. It was so, so hot, but such fun! We were excited to see the Chihuly exhibit, which was beautiful, and other than it being ridiculously hot, it was a nice time. At the end we let the boys walk around the water spray area. During lunch both of the boys watched Connor and copied him making noises or laughing. Connor had told mom & dad that he wanted to come with them so that he could "hug on those boys" too. He was such a great big cousin all day!

Sweet cousin Connor with Jack & Ben


And now for my "blonde" moment of the month: I took the boys to the Aquarium last week. We were going to meet my friend Wendy & her kiddos, and we were so excited. I packed snacks & waters, pulled into the parking lot & paid the $7.00 parking fee, strolled up to the window and bought our tickets, then Wendy texted that she was changing a diaper in the bathroom, so I sat down with the boys by the shark tank and waited...and waited...and waited...until we connected the dots that I was at the wrong aquarium. Sigh. She clearly said the children's aquarium in Fair Park, it just didn't register. I took kids to the DWA on field trips for years when I worked with CIS, so that's the only dallas aquarium I know or think about! Oh well, the boys actually really liked looking at the sharks & fish. The rest was over their heads, but at least kids under 2 are free. So we met Wendy & her girls for lunch instead afterwards, which was fun. Next time, boys, I'll take you to the right, more age-appropriate aquarium. And maybe assume less. These things happen to other people too, right? :)


To end this post, here are a few of my favorite pictures of J&B over the last couple of weeks:

Ben having fun with Dad :)

 

 
We love eating with spoons!


1 comment:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs