Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sign & Sing

Today was our last sign & sing class. We will probably do a kindermusic class again because the boys loved it, but I'll continue to try to do signing at home on our own. The last three weeks we had Aunt La come with us, then Honey, and today Daddy! It's nice having help and the boys love having extra attention.

Class always starts with a hello song, and Ben & Jack like that one. Ben can sign "hello" and I've seen him do "more" some at home, and Jack can sign "all done," but other than that we haven't had a whole lot of signing. However, since we've started the class I can definitely say that language has exploded! My baby journal is in their room right now where I'm keeping track of all of their words, but we're probably in the 10-12 word range right now. Their most common words of course are mama, dada, bye-bye, uh-oh, duck, & Jah (Ben). Ben says a few more words than Jack right now, but he will more often try to mimic what we're saying than Jack. Jack also still uses his pacifier at night; hope that's not holding his language back.

They love walking around the room, visiting with their friends, walking up to Ms. Chelsea while she's singing, and playing with the different items she gets out. Every class has a "rest" period, and Ben & Jack have started laying their heads down even at home when you ask them if they're tired. So cute! They lay around alot in the class, which is funny. I think it's because a couple of the kids in class are younger - Jack especially will go up to the babies and tilt his head over to look at them. Their favorite part of class is when it's time to clean up - they love helping and putting things away. We are sad this class is ended, but I'm sure we'll find another one sometime soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs