Friday, December 16, 2011

Sitting with Santa

Our first Christmas with the boys! I am so excited. So many traditions, such a special time of year with family and friends, as we celebrate the birth of Jesus. This is my favorite time of year; all the decorations and lights (can we just do twinkle lights year round?), shopping and wrapping, service to others, the cold weather, Christmas Eve service, and extra time with family - love it all!

Of course we had to visit Santa as part of our Christmas tradition - at Northpark, where else? (You'd think they paid me for advertising, as often as NP comes up in this blog.)  I went a couple of weeks ago to get a ticket at 9:00 (when they start giving out tickets), but was running late, and OH my goodness what a line. Needless to say, I turned right around. The timing was important, because it had to be a day when Jonathan could go in to work a little late, and he usually has early morning overseas calls. So fast forward a week later (I was pretty upset and worried that we'd have to stand in line for a couple of hours by this point) and Jonathan went at 8:00 to stand in line for a ticket. He was #3! So I went in at 11:00, met Jenn & her girls, and was actually 2nd in line. Woo-hoo!

There was a tv crew filming that morning, and Santa was running about 20 minutes late. But no worries, because Ben & Jack are little troopers and just looked around at all the kids while we waited in line. I'm pretty sure they were filmed while they sat with Santa (because the camera guy was crowding me) but in the hustle & bustle I didn't have time to ask what station/time/etc. I wouldn't say it was a great experience, and because they were running behind I felt as if we were rushed. But we did get a couple of cute pictures of the boys in Santa's lap. Ben was chill, just checking out Santa's beard. Jack was less than enthused about the whole thing, and did start to cry after craning his head around to take in Santa. Luckily, it was quick and we got him back in the stroller asap.

 

Maddie & Chloe also took a great picture! I was so glad Jenn went with me - I was worried about the wait in line just in case the boys got upset - but all 4 did great. When we left NP, Maddie gave Ben & Jack kisses. Sweet Maddie looked up at me and told me that Jack was pushing her away (he was - I guess he wasn't feeling social after the Santa encounter), so she kissed his head instead. Ben happily accepted a kiss on the cheek and a pat. :) Kicking myself for not getting a picture of the four of them - I will soon! I did include a couple of the girls with the boys below, though.

Jack, Ben, & Chloe holding hands
Jenn, Mads, & Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs