Thursday, November 8, 2012

Election Night Fun...followed by sadness

Luke & Sami came over to watch the election results with us on Tuesday. We had dinner together then played with the boys before it was bedtime. Ben & Jack have lately started to be shy at first when friends & family come over, but they warmed up quickly. They had so much fun playing "chase" with "Uncle" Luke and showing some of their new toys to "Aunt" Sami. Jack especially enjoyed the game of chase - when Luke would try to take a break, he would run to the doorframe of the kitchen, stop and look back like, "Well?" We are glad they were here with us and glad the boys got some play time & cuddle time in with some of our favorite people.




Then the boys took turns chasing/walking each other. Let me explain these backpack leashes. First of all, the boys love them. They love wearing backpacks, so this is really fun for them. But I got them for our nanny, who likes to take the boys outside. They really like walking around & playing outside, but they aren't great at listening and minding yet, so it's scary to think of them being outdoors out of the stroller. I got these for her so that she could let them run off some energy before naps but still be safe. Eventually they will learn to be mindful of rules and listen and come when I call them...right?



Anyway, unfortunately for us, the night did end in sadness. My pessimistic husband (who said he was basing his theories on actual facts and statistics, blah blah) had been warning me not to get my hopes up, but I had gotten my hopes up. I never even considered defeat, but alas. So for us it ended in sadness, and I was admittedly pretty depressed for a couple of days. Jonathan brought out the jokes, though, and I think people who say "he's not my president" are stupid (aka, The Dixie Chicks), so I am attempting to give him the respect that the office of the presidency deserves and hope & pray for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs