Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Baylor girl and 2 pirate dudes

We haven't had a weekend home together in a month; that's probably some kind of record for us! Jonathan was in Germany, then we went to Houston, then Tyler, then Houston again for my nephews' birthday party. This weekend was much needed for relaxation and family time! We had a soccer game Saturday morning, where Jack scored 3 goals (not that anyone is keeping score) and Ben did a great job following the ball! They have teammates that don't go on the field to play at all, so they are doing pretty great just to attempt to chase the ball. :) After the game we had lunch with Honey & Papa, and La came over so that Jonathan and I could go to a fall party.

Since we have an Ebola scare right now, I decided not to put the boys in their church class, so we stayed home. They have been asking me to go to church since it's been so long, so hopefully we will make it soon. We're trying to limit our activities until we (read: I) feel more secure about this Ebola thing. Unfortunately it is happening all around us, the three cases and the hospital are probably all within about a 5 mile radius of us. This has been scary to worry about, and I have to remember to be thankful that this is not the norm for us; it's so much worse in Africa, and my heart breaks to think about mothers trying to protect their children from this over there. I have been especially grateful for the Bible Study Emily invited me to participate in this fall, as our book is called Calm My Anxious Heart. One chapter reminded us that God knows the number of hairs on our head and the number of days of our lives, so that takes away some of the fear! All I can do is pray, and so I do. And wash hands a lot.

Our Sunday was very low-key and I think everyone got a nap in, which makes the weekend complete! We took the boys to the playground at their school and they loved showing us what they do outside and peeking in their classroom window. They are so sweet, and as Claire and I sat in the grass and watched J and the boys play, I thought: how lucky these guys are that their daddy loves them so much and spends so much time with them. I had encouraged him to go play golf this morning but he wanted to spend time with us; guess we're all pretty lucky :)

Here are some super sweet pics of my Baylor girl and her soccer-playing bubbas this weekend:




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs