The last of our summer fun! What a great, cool summer it was, and it went so fast! Last summer drug, but this summer flew by; I think because the weather was so nice and we were able to get out and do more. We had Grace to help us this summer and that was so nice - she was here almost every day for a couple of hours so we had help with outings, or sometimes she would stay with Claire during naps while I took the boys out. Jonathan and I also had a weekly date night, which was wonderful! Grace went to OU at the end of July and we have missed her in August :( Fortunately we had a couple of weeks of daily swim class and vacation to fill our August days. The boys really liked Grace and she was a sweet helper all summer, and I am hopeful that she will give us a call on school breaks!
We didn't have any weekly classes, other than Play Wisely, which was really fun and the boys got to see Colin every week for class, and soccer, which the boys LOVED. We managed to miss every Kindermusik class in July, so we have lots of make ups there. We had a couple of weekly playdates to keep us busy, and we did at least one big outing per week with Grace - the Perot Museum, Rory Meyers, Zoo, Arboretum, Klyde Warren, splash parks, etc. Jenn & her girls met us for a lot of them! We have visited Bake & Play a few times and Northpark weekly, too. J&B love the mall. :) I can't believe that fall is here! We had a great summer and Claire has grown so much over the past 3 months, along with her brothers - their shorts fell well below the knee at the beginning of the summer and now are mostly above the knee!
Our schedule worked around C's feeding schedule; everyone wakes between 7-8, has breakfast/gets ready, then C naps around 8:30/9:00 for about 45 min. During that nap, I often take the boys outside with the monitor, usually the front yard since -no dogs - and it's closer in case I need to run in to C. They will blow bubbles, play with water, chalk, rockets, balls, etc and have fun. Then she eats again and we usually have an outing/playdate/class in the morning. We have to get out of the house every day! She usually takes a short nap on the go, or towards the end of the summer she has been holding out until we get home and then takes a quick nap in her crib. After the boys eat lunch, C will eat again and go down around 2 and take a solid 2 hr nap, at which time we all have Quiet Time! I figured out that putting on a movie will generally put the boys to sleep on the couch, so that's our screen time for the day (outside of iPads during baby feedings, so the boys will stay in C's room with me). I wish I could brag about how productive I am during that time, but I am usually exhausted from our morning and will rest or read with them on the couch! We have done some activities, but I have been terrible at taking pictures - I always have a baby in my arms so it's hard to pick up a camera! Oh well :)
Here are some highlights:
 |
| Greatest day ever: Grandma Lainey brought a bag full of pennies for J&B |
 |
| Ice picking fossil fun (cars & dinosaurs in ice) - the boys loved this activity and had so much fun! C was nonplussed. |
 |
| water balloon t-ball!! |
 |
| fizz tablets in oobleck, then swirled - fun! |
 |
| milk, dawn, food coloring |
 |
| My little music man |
 |
| Mockingbird swim |
 |
| Just three boys hanging out, sharing helicopters & cars! Dave, Karen & Owen visited! |
No comments:
Post a Comment