Friday, August 30, 2013

Summertime Fun 2

We went back to the zoo and had time for the carousel - the boys loved it and had a great day :)


 

 

I'm not sure I would actually include "Potty Training" in the category of "summertime fun," but the pics are cute! We did the 3 day potty training method and it really didn't go so well. Jack actually got it the first day with very few accidents, but Ben had trouble catching himself before he started to go. Here's the thing; I wanted to potty train them to make it easier on myself during pregnancy, but I found potty training to be more difficult than diaper changing, as I had to remind them frequently throughout the day, clean messes/do more laundry, and it made going places more difficult. I see why people wait for boys! I decided to put it off for a while and come back to it when I'm more ready - them, too, I guess :)


 

"Baking" in the kitchen, dancing at Tickles for Toddlers, and dancing to some praise & worship music at breakfast:

 

We forgot to bring our pack & play to Gigi's one weekend, so Ben & Jack slept in Gigi's daybed & pull-out like big boys! They went right down and slept all night without falling off. The next morning we found Ben up on Jack's bed, playing. :)


We also went to the Children's Science Discovery Place in Tyler and had a great time! :

 

 

 

We do "hot dogs" (kolaches) many weekends, and this was the first time J took the boys while I slept in a little. They went in their jammies and were pretty interested in all the different donuts! I think they got a sprinkles & chocolate, but weren't really interested :) Also below, are another lazy weekend morning, and an evening with dad while mom was out - what little dudes!




And for a bonus summertime fun event, Beth & Matt visited from England! It's hard only seeing my favorite friend once a year, but I love getting to see her in person! We had some family/couple time, and we also got some girl time in with Amelia & Hilary while J & Matt babysat :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs