Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Coolest activity ever

This was the coolest activity ever. It was a lot of work and took days of planning and getting ready, but it was so worth it. I think we'll do it again, but I am giving myself a few weeks off. So to do this activity, I blew the eggs out of 12 shells (tediously, as we used them for breakfast, etc) then rinsed and let them dry for a day. When I had 12 (and later wished I'd waited til 24), I filled them with powdered paint, then hot glued other egg shell pieces to cover the holes. That's a lot of egg shell saving. It's also a lot of work to get the paint in there, even using a funnel.

Anyway, so we went outside and the boys got to throw the eggs down and watch the paint puff up! Pinterest is so cool. Needless to say, they loved it, and I was so sad when they asked for "more, more?" when it was all over. Afterwards, they stomped the rest of their eggs, then I let them water the paint and to make sidewalk paint. I have no idea how Jack got completely covered in the paint and Ben didn't. Maybe Ben was throwing his eggs a little farther. Funny dudes. So fun!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs