I met J in Boston for the weekend for our first trip away since the boys were born. We have had a couple of overnights when the boys stayed with J's parents, but it doesn't feel like a big deal when we're in town. Getting on a plane and flying that far away from them was HARD. All I could think was that if anything bad were to happen, I would have had to be drugged on the way home. But all was well, and the boys had a good time with Honey & Papa, which made us feel better.
We stayed at the Beacon XV, which is the most romantic little boutique hotel! It even beat the Ritz Carlton in fanciness :) Every room has a fireplace, and it was so cozy! We had a street view the first night, and I didn't sleep a wink due to the noise, so we switched to the back of the hotel for the second night and I slept great!
So most of our weekend we just walked around and soaked up all the Boston-ness. I love that you can walk everywhere! We visited the Holocaust Memorial, which we saw last time and were very moved. Waiting for dinner Friday night we just relaxed by a fountain and people-watched - how often do we get to do that anymore?! The first night we went to the Neptune Oyster for a lobster roll - delicious! Despite the three hour wait (crazy!) it was really intimate and yummy.
Saturday we walked around, enjoyed the Boston Commons, saw a movie (hah!) and relaxed, then met our friends Dave & Karen for dinner at Al Dente. We went to Al Dente on a rec from friends who used to live in Boston the last time we visited several years ago, and although I was worried I had built it up in my mind, it didn't disappoint! Best Italian food ever. Also great company! We had a great time catching up and spending the evening with good friends.
Good friends who had us over for a yummy lunch the next day and we got to meet little Owen! Sweet, happy boy :) He did make me miss my own little guys even more, and we (okay, maybe just "I") were really anxious to get to the airport and get home. It was a great weekend trip/getaway, and we had a really fun time.
1 week ago



No comments:
Post a Comment