Sunday, June 30, 2013

Annual Austin Trip

We took the boys to Austin for the weekend for our "annual Austin trip" and had a great time, all things considered! J got a great deal at Barton Creek Resort and the idea was he would play golf while we hung out with Erin. Well, that's what we did Friday when we arrived - E & I took the boys to the pool while J golfed.

 


We were planning on going to Barton Springs Saturday morning, but on our way back from breakfast, Ben found a penny...he and Jack were play wrestling over it on the bed, while I washed my hands, and then I turned around and Ben was coughing a little. "I put the money in my mouth," is what he told me. I FREAKED out, but couldn't quite believe it. Here's why this never crossed my mind as a possibility: we play with pennies all the time, putting money in their piggy bank, and I have always thought my boys were too smart to put anything small in their mouths. I think he was just laying back on the bed and held it over his face and accidentally swallowed it. So we called Carol, and then we drove to the Austin Children's hospital. Ben got an X-Ray, and while we looked at it, the doctor asked him what that circle was. Ben said "Money in my tummy." ;) So it actually ended up passing the very next night, and all was well - phew! Hopefully our last ER visit? Please? Fingers crossed?




We still had a fun time in Austin, and had dinner with Aunt Andi & her friend John, Erin & Travis at Homeslice Pizza, which is the best pizza place in the world. How is it so good? We then walked down SoCo and went to a candy shop before calling it a night for the boys. On our way home Sunday, we stopped by BU for a bear hunt! Oh, and some Katie's Custard, yum.

Long wait @ Homeslice made easy with Aunt Andi's goodie bags :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs