Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Big Brothers

Jack & Ben are the BEST big brothers. It brings so much joy to my heart to see how much they adore "baby taire" - the Cl is hard for them right now :) They know they need clean hands to touch her, and rush home from school to wash their hands so that they can pet her. Jack loves to touch her cheek, whereas Ben is content with touching her hands and feet. Ben informed one of his school friends that they weren't allowed to touch her as we were standing in the hall, because you have to have clean hands first. !! Funny boys.

They haven't asked too often to hold her, and I've only had one or two incidents of someone trying to pick her up. They love to help give her a paci, and they are in charge of washing her feet at bath time. Tummy time & "back time" has become a group activity, and they will complain to me if I do not place her squarely in the middle of the blanket so that there is room for them both beside her. It's precious! I try to get them to hang out with us while I'm feeding her, and they actually enjoy playing with her toys, reading her baby books, and coloring on the floor for the most part. Sometimes I let them watch tv during feedings, which they like too.

On her first night home, Jack would not go to sleep until I brought Claire in his room to rock as we sang goodnight songs. He immediately took to her; he couldn't keep his hands off of her in the beginning! Wherever Claire was, you would likely find Jack. Ben was a little aloof in the beginning, but as he was able to help he became more animated with her. I wondered if maybe he was just unsure of how to behave with her, since she was so little. We have been talking about babies for months, and the babies he knows are a little bigger, so she might not have been what he expected! I love the photo below of Jack rocking her on her first night home - his giant, proud grin says it all!


Here are some other pics of my sweet big brother boys with their baby sister. Oh, baby girl, you are so lucky to have these two protective brothers to watch over you and love you.

First family walk - big helpers!

This is what he does - he just leans over and gazes at her. He will periodically go love on her in-between his play activities.
"It okay, baby Taire, I right here for you, I not going edewhere."




I love when they read while I feed Claire!




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs