Saturday, December 14, 2013

Winter in Texas

Just to highlight the crazy texas weather, I have the two extremes documented below.  J&B love the Rory Meyers Children Garden, and here's a little pic I got one beautiful winter day when we met Maddie & Chloe there:

 

Barefoot and playing in water! I didn't bring a change of clothes (I know, that's my MO) so I took their pants off and they walked back to the car with no pants - that's how nice the weather was that day!

And then, two days later, we had a massive ice storm that closed schools/roads for 3-4 days and caused a lot of damage. We had a few downed limbs, but were okay for the most part and kept our power, thankfully! But here are a couple of pics from the neighborhood that J took:

 

Little boys get a little bit stir-crazy in the house over several days, but they did enjoy the extra tv time! 
 


Although I don't have a good picture, we took the boys to see Frozen over the big ice storm weekend! It was their first theatre experience and they did awesome! They ate popcorn THE. WHOLE. MOVIE. And it kept their interest, although Jack did get scared at some of the dramatic parts, so he and I left for the bathroom at one point, and then he and J left for the last 10 minutes or so of the movie. Ben moved our hands out of the way when we tried to cover eyes during the scary parts! Ever since the movie, they have been obsessed with the soundtrack and love to sing the songs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs