Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas break fun

Since I have been contracting these past couple of months, Christmas break was actually a work break for me! I've joked that looking forward to breaks is one of the things I miss most about work - but it's true! I love school breaks so it was nice to have this one to enjoy with my boys.

I planned lots of fun activities for us since there was no MDO, no nanny Mercedes, no gym class or Kindermusik or playgroups, but the time really flew and I didn't even get around to many of our activities (like baking cookies, which makes me sad). Some of them I even remembered to capture on film, like our stuffed animal walk. I stole this idea from school, and since I didn't get to see the boys do this I wanted to do it at home and it was so cute to see them walk their animals around the house!

 

We spent a lot of time playing with new toys:


Watching our new favorite show once a day (so long, Sesame Street; see ya later, Daniel Tiger - we cry if mom attempts to start either of you, because we only want to watch Dinosaur Train!) - sometimes sans clothes and with our hands down our backside. ;)


Having dance parties:





Trying on mom's shoes:


And being cute:





Gigi & Poppy gave the boys Are You My Mother? for Christmas and it is Ben's favorite book - he looks through it every night and usually asks us to read it each morning and each night before bed. The boys fake cry "Mama" when the baby bird asks sadly, "Where's my mother?" and on the last page when the mother bird returns and asks "Do you know who I am?" Ben will answer, "I'm your mama!" -Or "I your mama" :) He loves, loves, loves it. I told him he's too young to memorize a book, but J reminded me that Ben has already memorized parts of Moo, Baa, La La La and 15 Animals, so I guess he proved me wrong already. My Benny bear loves to read! My Jack loves reading too, but he doesn't look through books quite as much as Ben - he's far too busy to sit for too long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Prefab Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs